Wizard Duo Diaper System
When designing the Wizard Duo our goal was to take the benefits of a fitted diaper and cover system and the ease of use of an All-in-One diaper and put them together to make an effective, cost efficient diapering system.
Range of Duo Insert Choices
Our Duo Inserts are available in three of our custom made Fabrics:
1) Stretchy Cotton Terry – Our most durable insert is made from three layers of our custom made cotton terry fabric. This insert is the most economical in our Duo System.
2) Bamboo Terry – Made from three layers of our custom made bamboo/cotton terry fabric. All the benefits of bamboo as well as the durability of cotton.
3) Stay Dry - The surface layer of this insert is a specially designed stay dry fabric. Upon contact moisture is immediately drawn through this fabric to the specially designed inner absorbent core. Baby is left feeling dry and happy with reduced incidence of rash.
Our ultra high tech core is specially designed to be super absorbent. It is patent protected and available only to Mother-ease for cloth diapers. It will absorb 1.7 times the amount of any competing absorbent insert (by weight).
Fully elasticized in the legs and waist and finished with a soft binding the Duo Insert gently hugs your baby and prevents virtually any leaks from occurring. With the absorbent component separated from the cover, two lines of defense are created against leaks.
First Line of Defense: The absorbent insert’s fully elasticized edge moves independently of the cover to conform to your baby while gently providing leakage protection. Superior containment by the insert is very important in an All-in-Two system because leakage containment allows you to reuse the cover and that means purchasing less covers.
Mother-ease provides a lifetime warranty on all elastics and plastic snaps of our Duo Inserts and Covers.
The Duo Insert snaps into the Duo cover and is available in One or Two sizes:
- One Size Duo Diaper Insert (10-35 lbs) fits into our One Size Adjustable Duo Cover
- Small Duo Diaper Inserts fits into our Small Adjustable Duo Cover (8-18 lbs)
- Large Duo Diaper Insert fits into our Large Adjustable Duo Cover (18-35 lbs)
The Duo Insert fastens securely into the Duo cover with 6 snaps. The insert is unable to slide around and no further adjustment is needed. Once the Duo insert has been snapped into the cover the Duo closes through a series of snaps across the waist for a perfect fit. A number of preassembled Duo diapers provide you with the convenience of an All in One at a reduced cost.
Washing and Drying
Ease and thorough wash ability was a top objective in the development of our Wizard line of diapers. The Duo simply snaps apart and can be washed as a separate garment or it can be left snapped together in which case it still receives a thorough wash. Water extraction during the spin cycle is maximized as the insert turns itself towards the drum of the wash machine and drying times are minimized.
The Wizard Duo cloth diaper has a large opening at the legs that is perfectly suited for stuffing an absorbent liner/booster between the absorbent insert and the cover. This is great for naps, overnight or any time you need a little extra absorbency.
See our Duo Packages for discounts up to 10% OFF!
Who Should Use Duo?
Parents who cloth diaper as a commitment to the environment and a healthy lifestyle choice:
- They want a well made, absorbent and reliable diapering system.
- Cost conscious but realize quality isn’t cheap and doesn’t come from China.
- One Size pocket diapers are not an option as test results show they will not remain leak free for the length of time the diaper should fit and therefore ruled out as uneconomical.
- For parents that want the reliability of a two step fitted diaper and cover system without the bulk and fuss.
- For parents that want a slim, trendy cut and bright colours and prints. Fit is important.
- For parents that plan on returning to the work force and would like the day care to support their choice to cloth diaper. The Duo lends itself well to this application as diapers can be preassembled the evening before and sent along to the daycare provider ready to be used as simple All in Ones. The same applies for grandparents and babysitters.